Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Simon Says Flickr Challenge

Simon Says Stamp has started a new bi-weekly challenge on their Flickr site and it's being run by the fabulous Barb, whom we all adore!

This first challenge is a colour challenge and the rules are pretty simple.  Use at least 3 out of the 5 colours and use at least one Simon Says Stamp exclusive brand product on your project.


I used 6 dies on this project (yikes that seems like a lot) and four of them are by SSS.  One is from Poppystamps and one is from Papertrey Ink.

SSS Butterfly Birthday

I inked up the solid butterfly with Distress Inks and added 2 layers of the overlay die cut in vellum.  I coloured the Birthday die cut with Squeezed Lemonade and the Leafy Sprig die cuts in a couple shades of green Distress Ink and sprayed everything that was inky with Perfect Pearls for a little shimmer.

SSS Butterfly Close-up


Thanks for dropping by!



7 comments:

  1. Oh, Sue, this is amazing! What a stunning design! That butterfly is so gorgeous! I love the combination of dies too - brilliant card! Thanks so much for playing in the challenge! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sue, this is such a fantastic card! I love the brilliant design you came up with using six dies! The colours are so pretty and I love the shimmer of the perfect pearls too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh soooooo amazing!! The butterfly is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed by your combination of dies, Sue!! This is one gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came from Flickr to look at this again! Wowzer--love everything about this & I'm adding that border die to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy amazing Sue!! This is so beautiful! I love how you colored with distress inks (you know I puffy heart them) and your shimmer is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!