Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Creative Chemistry and then some...

I took one of the tags I made for Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry Class and turned it into a card. I was going for a shabby/vintage feel, not too sure about the outcome but it was fun to make!
The flower background is made using Alcohol Inks and Silver Mixative on glossy paper, a favourite technique of mine. I used repositionable adhesive on the tag so it can be taken off the card by the recipient and used as a bookmark.

I'm entering this card into the Hero Arts monthly contest as well as Simon Says Stamp Challenge which is Bingo!
I did the line that has pearls, lace and ticket/tag.

I'm also entering it in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge which is to make a tag.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. FABULOUS Sue I love this and that lace is gorgeous. I have been catching up on everyone’s posts and older posts
    You have made some fabulous creations of late
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous. Love the alcohol ink background, and the stamping is perfect to set it off. Wonderful embellishments too. I never quite know what to do with tags...so this is a great idea. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, Sue! Your background is beautiful. I love to make tags; never like the way mine look on a card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning tag card! You make me want to try out the new alcohol inks!! The inking and shine are amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, Sue! I love the tag and lace. Those alcohol inks look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Tim tag from class turned out really nice! Great idea to turn it into a card. I've fallen behind in my lessons - will catch up this weekend. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning tag card, Sue - just love the colors and how you used Tim's techniques! I have the entire week's homework to do - hope to get it done tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!