Monday, February 20, 2012

Patterned Paper

I love patterned paper, from afar that is! There are so many pretty ones out there but you'll rarely see any on my cards. Why? Because they kind of scare me. I just don't know how to incorporate them with my stamping onto cards so I stopped buying them.

I saw that Lily Pad Cards was having a challenge that required the use of patterened paper and I decided that I would enter a card no matter what. I broke out in a cold sweat just thinking about it and yes it stressed me out a wee bit but I did finally make a card.
I have to say I'm pretty pleased with my patterned paper adventure and maybe went a bit overboard using 4 different papers. That's a record for me!

I thought this would make a nice "Congrats on Your New Home" card. I used the Cloud and Modern Landscape Dies from Memory Box, a Spirelli Punch for the sun and the sentiment is a stamp from Hero Arts. I have no idea who made these papers, they have been in my stash for ages.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Love your card! The pattern paper is so pretty and playful the way you have used it. Great congrats on new home card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice to find someone else who feels the same way as I do about patterned paper - it always scares me too, Sue, but I love the way you've used it on this card! Such a cute scene, and I'm very glad you've entered this into the Lily Pad Cards challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, you have used these patterned papers in a very creative way - I love this adorable scene!! I have way too many pp's; but love the colors and prints of them all! Good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! I, too, am intimidated by patterned paper and rarely use it. But you have inspired me. wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card, Sue! I just love the patterns you used - so perfect for this darling scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sue I like your card very much! All those pretty papers just work so nicely together!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm rather late making the rounds - my life exploded - :~D Loving the Memory Box elements!!! Thank you so much for playing and sharing at the Lily Pad!. Hugs & Blessings....

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!