Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Clean & Simple Card Making

I'm participating in the Clean & Simple Online Class which can be found here. There's still time to register and learn great things from some fabulous designers!

Yesterdays class was to make a CAS card using a sketch. I chose this sketch.

 And here is my card.
I went with a monochromatic card, using one of the colours from Hero Arts Pool Mixed Layering Papers. I inked up HA Classic Fabric Design stamp with Colorbox Aqua pigment ink and clear embossed it.

The centre panel was pierced around the edges and the three hearts were punched from paper that I embossed with Antique Verdigris embossing powder.

Overall, I think this turned out to be an elegant and simple card.

Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous BG and sparkly hearts Sue! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous, Sue! I love the combination of clear embossing, piercing and glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the HA tweet! Love the piercing around the mat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet soft colors - love that background stamp! The border around the middle looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Восхитительная работа!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty card! love this! will have to try this sketch out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, later this week I am going to feature you as a Guest Artist on my blog. Love your clean and simple card.

    I will link everyone to your blog in at least 2 spots on my post.

    Army Mommy you do great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love what you've done with the sketch, Sue! So gorgeous! Also, congrats on your HA tweet!

    Hope you're having a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Sue! Stunning card! This clean and simple design is magic in your hands! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the design, the color, the whole thing! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, Sue! Love the colors, the embossing, well everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Sue!! Simply gorgeous!!
    Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the holes that you put around the inner square, they add a lot of texture and more dimension to the card!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!