Friday, October 2, 2009

Teeny ATC's

This week at Hero Arts the challenge is to make ATC's or Artist Trading Cards. This is my first time making them so here's a little info for those that haven't heard of it. ATC's are 3.5" x 2.5" in size and are made to trade with other artists/crafters. They are made, traded and collected around the world! What's great is that they are so small you can use up a lot of scraps you may have lying around.

This ATC is my favorite! I just love how it turned out. The background is coloured with distress inks and stamped with a script stamp. The swirl was stamped with green pigment ink and clear embossed and the scallop border was stamped onto distress coloured paper and cut out. The dragonfly is from a digital kit that I printed onto acetate and covered with Stickles so it's translucent and sparkly like a real dragonfly!
Supplies - Distress Ink (Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Tea Dye, Broken China), Colorbox Pigment Ink (Evergreen), Clear Embossing Powder, Hero Arts Stamps (S4878 Old Letter Writing, K5133 Swirl with Flowers, CL288 Scallop Borders), Papertrey Ink Stamp (Sign Language), Hero Arts Digital Kit (Winged Friends), Memories Ink (black), Stickles (Star Dust)


The green background on this next ATC is a scrap of paper coloured with alcohol inks. The definition is from a digital kit which I printed on paper coloured with distress inks (I love playing with that stuff). The flourish was embossed onto acetate with orange, copper and red speckled powder but I used the reverse side of it to get the white with little flex of colour. The butterflies I coloured with dye ink and added gems. I finished it off by adding some ribbon.

Supplies - Alcohol Inks (Lettuce, Bottle, Meadow), Distress Inks (Spiced Marmalade, Dried Marigold, Red Brick), Versamark, Stampamania Embossing Powder (Desert Sunset), Hero Arts Stamps (K5280 Large Dot Flourish), Hero Arts Digital Kits (Winged Friends, Friendship Definition)


This ATC was coloured with distress inks again and put through the cuttlebug. I black embossed the flourish onto acetate and attached it to the card with some ribbon and the butterfly is punched out text from a digital kit.

Supplies - Distress Inks (Spiced Marmalade, Dried Marigold, Fired Brick, Dusty Concord), Colorbox Pigment Ink (Black), Clear Embossing Powder, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Mesh Texture)
It's been fun playing with such a small size. I didn't think I would enjoy it so much!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I came to visit after seeing your ATC on the Hero Arts blog. Wow! I love what I'm seeing! Beautiful work - I'll be getting updates for sure! (sorry, apparently I'm feeling very emphatic today! ;)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!