Monday, October 12, 2009

Ribbon Ornaments

This weekend I was playing around with ribbon scraps, trying to figure out what to do with them because I tend to keep any piece no matter what size! I had seen some cards on the internet that used iris folding in different cutout shapes and that inspired me to make these ribbon cards. I also think these cards would be great for Caardvarks "Take A Bow Challenge". Go check them out!

The background was stamped with Hero Arts Antique Flower Background with Brilliance Moonlight White Ink. I used my nesties to cut out the circles and a Stampa Barbara Pine Bough stamp to add some interest around the edges. I then placed the ribbon pieces to get my stripey balls. For the ornament toppers I used an embossing pen to draw them in and embossed with silver embossing powder. I added some cording and embossed a sentiment in the corner.

12 comments:

  1. Well Sue this is the most genius idea yet and I bet you will win this challenge....stunning idea and cards!! Hugs,Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow♥WOW♥wOOooooOoOoOOow!!! this is UNBELIEVABLY clever and just soooooo very fabulous! i definitely HAVE TO try this ASAP! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome!!! Such a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those super ribbon ornaments ... what a fun holiday design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous!!! Love every single one! So clever!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. these ornaments are awesome. i'll too have to try this out...(hope you don't mind) :) you rocked the caardvarks challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!!! These are amazing! Such a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your ribbons entrt for the Carrdvarks! Simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous idea! I love all those ornament cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards, great use of the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!