Tuesday, October 27, 2009

New Challenge

Hero Arts challenge this week is to make a simple holiday card. Sometimes those are the hardest! I have two cards today and the pictures aren't that great. I've been playing around with ways to take good pictures when there is no sun around and so far I'm not that impressed.

I find embossing is always simple and easy to do. The background is stamped with Brilliance Platinum Planet, it's a nice soft shimmer. The flowers are stamped with Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy and embossed with clear powder. I punched them out and added a brad and some gems. I added a strip of red paper and used foam dots for the flowers. The sentiment is embossed in silver.
All stamps Hero Arts

The kraft cardstock was stamped with a pretty flourish stamp in Brilliance Pearlescent Beige. Again it has nice subtle shimmer. The tree was stamped with dye ink and the star and tree trunk coloured with Stardust pens. The sentiment is also in dye ink and the edges were distressed with scissors. Mounted this onto green and added a strip of red paper that has score lines on it.
 























 Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Super holiday cards! Love them both!!!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan - found your blog!!!
    Lovely christmas designs - especially that fine tree :)
    Greetings from Denmark
    Sanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH! I love both of your cards. The embellishments on the tree are the PERFECT touch! I just love stopping by your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!