Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Everything but the Kitchen Sink

I created this card for a challenge on Courtney Bakers blog One Day at a Time. The challenge is called Everything but the Kitchen Sink. Each month the challenge will be to use a specific item from around the house on a card or scrapbook page. This months challenge is use something from the mail. I received an ad magazine in the mail and there was a page that had an ad for yarn so I used that to stamp my butterflies. I embossed the butterflies in black, cut them out and attached gems and the background is stamped with pigment ink.
 
This was fun! It definitely makes you look at junk mail in a different way. Normally I would have just pitched the magazine!

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love that idea! Thanks for playing with us in the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your creative stamping on the textured look of paper. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the butterflies!! Super cute card! So glad that you played along with the challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Beautiful butterflies and I love all the gems!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! I love that... it gives your butterflies such a great texture! I love it! Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog and artwork. Congrats on your win over at Hero. Loved your ATC!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card!!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely LOVE this! Thanks for playing along with us Kitchen Sink girls! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! I absolutely love the yarn texture in the butterflies! Thank you so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those bright butterflies!! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!